At Dietlind Gretschel Physiotherapy, aka Rehab Lab, skilled physiotherapists offer expert neuro physiotherapy treatments for clients with neurological conditions including stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
Functional goals are set with each client before adopting a hands-on approach to treatment, aimed at encouraging normal postural control and movement patterns during functional tasks.
The ultimate goal of amputee rehabilitation is to help clients maximise their independence and regain a productive and rewarding lifestyle.
Dietlind Gretschel Physiotherapy offers focused amputee rehabilitation services including:
- Pre-prosthetic rehabilitation focused on strength training, maintaining range of movement, care of the residual limb (shaping, desensitisation and scar mobilisation), balance training, endurance training and safe mobility with an appropriate assistive device; and
- Prosthetic rehabilitation focused on gait training and functional use of the prosthesis.
We work closely with each client’s prosthetist during the rehabilitation process to achieve an optimal outcome.
Hydrotherapy is offered in our heated pool for clients with neurological conditions, making use of the benefits of warm water to help retrain movement and improve function.
The benefits of hydrotherapy include:
- Warmth of water – assists with pain relief, reduces muscle tone and spasms, helps increase joint range of motion;
- Water supports weight (buoyancy) – allows very weak clients to perform movements, stand and walk to gain muscle strength and function;
- Water offers resistance (inertia) – assists with muscle strengthening and endurance training.